Is there iron in your cereal?
Click to see full answer
In this regard, does cereal have real iron in it?
Many cereals are fortified with added iron, one of many necessary vitamins and minerals. These items are added to the mix when the cereal is are made, so it is a bit like taking your vitamin with the cereal. Since iron is attracted to magnets, finding it can be an instructive science experiment.
Secondly, what cereals are high in iron? 200 Breakfast Cereals Highest in Iron
- Quaker Quick Oats With Iron Dry.
- Ralston Enriched Bran Flakes.
- Frosted Shredded Sweetened Wheat Cereal.
- Original Frosted Shredded Wheat Bite Size Sweetened Whole Grain Cereal Original.
- Frosted Sweetened Shredded Wheat Cereal Frosted Shredded Wheat.
- Frosted Shredded Wheat Frosted.
Correspondingly, how do you find iron in your breakfast cereal?
Breakfast cereal that contains iron, such as fortified cornflakes (check the label to see how much iron each serving contains—the more the better!) Pour out one serving of iron-fortified dry cereal into the bowl (or the mortar if you have one). Try passing the magnet over the flakes.
What breakfast foods are high in iron?
Classic breakfast foods—enriched cereals, enriched breads, oatmeal, and eggs, for example—contain iron.