Why is knowing your audience important?
Subsequently, one may also ask, what does knowing your audience mean?
Knowing who your audience is means that you can adapt the content of your writing to address the main concerns of your audience. And if you know your readers are specialists in a particular area, the writing style should acknowledge this and differ from an article written on the same topic for the general public.
Also, why is identifying the age of your audience important? The age of your audience will help determine how detailed your content will be. Therefore, one of the reasons why identifying the audience is important is because "The age of your audience will help determine how detailed your content will be".
Additionally, what do you need to know about your audience?
Here are 10 vital things you should know about your audience before you write and deliver your speech.
- Age Range.
- Educational background.
- Jobs and Careers.
- Social and/or Economic Status.
- Political Orientation.
- Recreational and Leisure Activities.
- Important News and Events, Good or Bad (Such as a Recent Tragedy or Loss)
How do you identify your audience?
Here are three steps to identify your target customers.
- Create a customer profile. The people who are most likely to buy your products or services share certain characteristics.
- Conduct market research. You can learn about your target audience through primary and secondary market research.
- Reassess your offerings.