Where should I stay outside San Francisco?
- The Inn San Francisco. San Francisco, CA.
- San Francisco Inn. San Francisco, CA.
- Motel 6 San Francisco Downtown. San Francisco, CA.
- The Grove Inn. San Francisco, CA.
- Seal Rock Inn. San Francisco, CA.
- Lombard Motor Inn. San Francisco, CA.
- Bay Bridge Inn. San Francisco, CA.
- Fairmont San Francisco.
Also asked, what is the best area to stay in San Francisco?
The Best Areas to Stay in San Francisco: We recommend staying in Haight-Ashbury, Hayes Valley, The Castro, or North Beach. The Best Hotels in San Francisco: Our top hotel picks are The Stanyan Park Hotel, The Hayes Valley Inn, and Parker Guest House. Pick any one of those 3 options and you're golden.
Additionally, is it safe to walk around San Francisco at night? During the day, navigating this area requires extra care; at night, however, many visitors prefer to avoid walking in this neighborhood for more than a block or two. Overall, most San Francisco neighborhoods are not dangerous.
Beside above, is it better to stay in Union Square or Fisherman's Wharf?
Yes if you like shopping Union Square is great with food courts nearby. Fisherman's Wharf is great for walking distance to tourist attractions. And a Union Square Hotel is going to charge you quite a bit to park a car, if that is a consideration.
What towns are close to San Francisco?
Major cities near San Francisco, CA
- 8 miles to Oakland, CA.
- 28 miles to Fremont, CA.
- 42 miles to San Jose, CA.
- 63 miles to Stockton, CA.
- 75 miles to Sacramento, CA.
- 78 miles to Modesto, CA.
- 161 miles to Fresno, CA.
- 187 miles to Reno, NV.