How do you use a bathtub drain key?
In this regard, how do you use a bathtub drain removal tool?
Remove stubborn 1-1/2” tub drains with ½” ratchet drive and extension or wrench. Simply drop the tool in the drain and lightly tap it down in the drain. Turn it counterclockwise with a ½” ratchet drive and extension or wrench.
Likewise, how do you remove a bathtub drain cover without screws? Drain Cover Without Screws
- First, you need to spray some lubricant along the drain cover's lip.
- Next, insert a pair of needle-nose pliers into an opening on the drain cover.
- With firmness, hold the pliers securely with both hands - one hand per grip and then twist to the left.
Simply so, how do you open a bathtub drain?
Remove the knob on the top of the stopper. Hold the body of the stopper in place with one hand and with the other hand unscrew the knob by turning it counter-clockwise. If the knob will not unscrew, then wrap the rag around the knob and use the pliers to help remove the knob.
How do I remove a bathtub drain flange?
- First, remove the stopper.
- Insert the Drain Key or the Smart Dumbell into the drain.
- Keep turning drain counterclockwise until the old drain is released - it shouldn't take too many turns before the drain comes right out.
- Clean drain area, making sure to remove all old putty residue.