How do you make shower curtains out of curtains?
- Step 1: Cut your shower curtains to create your curtain panels. For a floor to ceiling panel you will need 2 shower curtains.
- Step 2: Sew the 2 shower curtains together to get your desired length.
- Step 3: Prepare your bottom hem.
- Step 4: Apply the grommet tape.
- Step 5: Cut the grommet holes and attach the grommet rings.
Consequently, can you use a window panel for a shower curtain?
Any width curtain should work and if you're using this idea for a single shower stall, one window panel should be enough (the length might have to be altered). A ball-style shower hook would work best. You can find them in most stores and they are one of the least expensive styles.
- Lay your sheet and shower curtain out on the floor and measure your curtain shower curtain.
- For the bottom hem, fold bottom edge up 4 inches and iron, then over another 4 inches and iron.
- Fold each side hem over 1″ and iron.
Also, what can I do with old shower curtains?
9 Genius New Uses for Shower Curtains
- Weatherproof your outdoor pillows. Courtesy of Pretty Handy Girl.
- Block weeds from mulched beds.
- Protect floors from baby spills.
- Keep your derrière dry during a picnic.
- Make a mini pool at the beach.
- Stay dry when you camp.
- Cover floors when you paint.
- Give kids (and your table) a safe place for craft time.
No, you can't use regular curtains in place of shower curtains. Regular curtains easily become wet when you take a shower. Therefore, regular curtains are not recommended to use in place of shower curtains. Apart from this if you can use a plastic liner with the regular curtains for the waterproofing then it can work.