Can you use shower curtains as outdoor curtains?
Herein, what fabric is best for outdoor curtains?
Olefin. Fabrics woven from solution-dyed olefin yarns make an excellent fabric for outdoor curtain projects. Olefin fabric such as Phifer's GeoBella® line is lightweight, soft, extremely durable, and doesn't fade in the sunshine.
Secondly, what can I do with old shower curtains? 9 Genius New Uses for Shower Curtains
- Weatherproof your outdoor pillows. Courtesy of Pretty Handy Girl.
- Block weeds from mulched beds.
- Protect floors from baby spills.
- Keep your derrière dry during a picnic.
- Make a mini pool at the beach.
- Stay dry when you camp.
- Cover floors when you paint.
- Give kids (and your table) a safe place for craft time.
Herein, can you use indoor curtains outside?
Curtain rods made for outdoor use can also be installed on a wall, ceiling or inside mount. Choose fabric that is fade- and mildew-resistant, and manufactured for outdoor use. They can be raised and lowered as needed to create shade and, depending on the type of fabric, can also block UV rays.
Should outdoor curtains touch the ground?
The fabric should just touch the floor or hover half an inch above. This is also a great approach for café curtains (short panels that cover only the lower portion of a window and hit the sill), which work well in spots like the kitchen and bathroom, where long drapes aren't practical.