How do you freeze apples for pie slices?
- Peel and core the apples.
- Soak the apple slices in a lemon juice bath for 5 minutes.
- Arrange on a large baking sheet.
- Freeze for 4 hours- overnight.
- Transfer to a freezer bag, labelled with the contents & date.
- Freeze for up to 1 year!
Moreover, what is the best way to freeze cooking apples?
To freeze baked apples
- Prepare whole cooking apples as if for baking by taking out the core with an apple corer then brushing the cut part with some of the juice of 1 lemon to stop it discolouring.
- Freeze, then allow to defrost before continuing with your recipe.
Beside above, what can I do with frozen apple slices? Frozen apples can be used in pretty much any cooked recipes: pies, muffins, cobblers, breads, even applesauce can be made from frozen apples!
- Caramel Apple Bread.
- Maple Pecan Apple Crisp Recipe.
- Country Apple Dumplings.
- Caramel Apple Nachos.
- Apple Pie Fries.
- Caramel Apple Snickerdoodles.
- Dutch Apple Bread.
Beside above, can you freeze apples with the skin on?
If you'd like to freeze them, but you're not sure how you'll use them later, try "tray freezing" them as individual slices — you can even leave the skins on. Tray frozen apples work best in cooked apple dishes. Here's how to tray freeze: Slice apples to desired thickness.
How do you freeze apples in salt water?
Soak the apples in salt water to keep the apples fresh. Pour 4 c (950 ml) of room temperature or warm water into a bowl along with 1 US tbsp (15 ml) of salt (table salt is fine). Stir the mixture until the salt dissolves, and then add the apple slices.