What is the cheapest way to finish a basement floor?
- Epoxy and Concrete Paint. Paint is generally your cheapestbasement floor option.
- Concrete Stain and Sealer. Concrete stain is anotherinexpensive option.
- Linoleum or Vinyl.
- Ceramic Tile Flooring.
- Rubber and Foam Mats.
- Traditional Carpet Flooring.
- Laminate or Engineered Hardwood.
Click to see full answer
Subsequently, one may also ask, what is the best flooring for a basement cement floor?
Since flooring experts generally recommend againstinstalling traditional strip or plank hardwoods below grade, thesix best options for basement flooring over concrete are:
- Vinyl Tile.
- Ceramic Tile.
- Rubber Tile.
Beside above, is vinyl plank flooring good for basements? Vinyl plank flooring is more durable thaneither cork or bamboo, making it a great choice if yourbasement floor gets a lot of foot traffic. Some luxuryvinyl planks have an extra thick top layer that's even moredurable and resistant to scuffs and minorscrapes.
One may also ask, what is the cheapest option for flooring?
Best Budget-Friendly Kitchen Flooring Options
- Laminate. Laminate flooring is more widely used in other roomsof the home, but it is an affordable option for kitchenflooring.
- Vinyl. Vinyl flooring is one of the most budget-friendlykitchen flooring options.
- Cork. Cork is a well-kept secret in the world of kitchenflooring.
- Ceramic Tile.
- Stained Concrete.
Is it OK to put laminate flooring in a basement?
Laminate flooring comes in simple-to-installpieces that snap together, making installation a cinch.Conventional laminate flooring is still an option forbasements, but it will require the installation of asub-floor in order to prevent moisture damage.