What should I do with my basement?
- Go Double with Living Rooms. madebycarli.
- Turn a Basement Space into a Bedroom.
- Make a Small Apartment.
- Sweat It Out in a Home Gym.
- Entertain Guests with a Wet Bar.
- Show Off Your Wine Collection.
- Let Your Kids Be Free in a Playroom.
- Give Laundry a Designated Area.
Similarly, where do you start when finishing a basement?
Here are the steps to take to finish your basement walls:
- Step 1: Install Insulation. One of the easiest and most effective ways to insulate a basement's exterior walls is adding polystyrene foam insulation directly to your foundation walls.
- Step 2: Frame Your Walls.
- Step 3: Install Drywall.
Also Know, is it worth it to finish a basement? Understanding How Finished Basements Are Valued Space above-ground is worth more. This makes perfect sense as the cost of finished basement space is far more inexpensive to add than above grade living area. You can find various estimates of the value of basements, ranging between 50% and 70% of the above-ground value.
Accordingly, how much does it cost to finish a 1000 sq ft basement?
How Much to Finish a Basement: DIY vs. Pro
|Size||DIY Cost||Professional Cost|
|Small (< 700 square feet)||$5,500||$15,000|
|Average (700-1,000 square feet)||$8,000||$18,500|
|Large (1,000+ square feet)||$15,000||$35,000|
What is the cheapest way to finish a basement?
How To Finish Your Basement On A Budget
- Start Small—But With Flair. When people use up their budget on redoing the entire basement, the result may look bland, says Leah Smith of Ohio-based contractor Buckeye Basements.
- Keep It Dry.
- Get Creative With Flooring.
- Don Your Painting Clothes.
- Change It Up.
- Clear The Air.
- Check The Codes.