What can I do with extra cucumbers?
- Half Sour Fermented Pickles.
- Creamed Cucumbers (can also be blended and used as a delicious dressing!)
- Redbud and Cucumber Sandwiches.
- Cucumber and Onion Salad.
- Cucumber Lime Smoothie.
- Watermelon, Orange and Cucumber Aqua Fresca.
- Cucumber Cilantro Salad.
- Basil Cucumber Fruit Salad.
Also know, how do you preserve fresh cucumbers?
To freeze cucumbers, just wash, slice, put on a baking sheet and put in the freezer. I like to line a baking sheet with parchment paper to help them come off easier once they are frozen. After they are frozen you can move them to a zippered freezer bag. To make infused water, put cucumber slices in a pitcher of water.
Also, what goes with cucumbers? Try these sliced cucumber flavor matches:
- cucumber + vinegar (balsamic, cider, red wine, rice wine, sherry, tarragon, white wine)
- cucumber + sea salt.
- cucumber + sugar (a pinch)
- cucumber + chopped dill.
- cucumber + chopped basil.
- cucumber + sliced tomato.
- cucumber + chopped cilantro.
- cucumber + sour cream.
Then, what to do with cucumbers besides pickles?
Preserving Cucumbers without Pickling
- Cucumber Salsa. I think this will be great to use as a side dish or garnish with meals throughout the year.
- Crispy Cucumber Chips.
- Garlic Dill Cucumber Chips.
- Cucumber Mint Jam.
- Cucumber Seeds for Health and Snacks.
Can you freeze cucumbers for later use?
You can freeze fresh whole cucumbers right from the garden by directly storing them in the freezer. They will get ice on them, simply put them in air tight container, glass jar or a bag. If you just defrost them, they will turn soggy.