What are the cavities of the body?
Likewise, people ask, what are the 4 cavities of the body?
Humans have four body cavities: (1) the dorsal body cavity that encloses the brain and spinal cord; (2) the thoracic cavity that encloses the heart and lungs; (3) the abdominal cavity that encloses most of the digestive organs and kidneys; and (4) the pelvic cavity that encloses the bladder and reproductive organs.
Likewise, what are the body cavities and their organs? A body cavity is a fluid-filled space in the body that holds and protects internal organs. The two largest human body cavities are the ventral cavity and the dorsal cavity. The ventral cavity is at the anterior, or front, of the trunk. It is subdivided into the thoracic cavity and abdominopelvic cavity.
Similarly, it is asked, what are the 7 body cavities?
Terms in this set (7)
- dorsal cavity. body cavity that houses the skull, brain, and spinal cavity.
- ventral cavity. this body cavity is divided into three parts; the thorax, abdomen, and pelvis.
- thoracic cavity. body cavity that contains the heart and lungs.
- abdominal cavity.
- pelvic cavity.
- abdominopelvic cavity.
- body cavity.
What are the five cavities of the body?
Terms in this set (5)
- Cranial cavity. Housing the brain and the pituitary glad.
- Spinal cavity. Housing the spinal cord.
- Thoracic cavity. Housing the lungs.
- Abdominal cavity. Housing the major digestive organs.
- Pelvic cavity. Housing the urinary and reproductive organs.