What are the major body cavities of the human body?
Then, what are the major cavities of the body?
Body Cavities The cavities, or spaces, of the body contain the internal organs, or viscera. The two main cavities are called the ventral and dorsal cavities. The ventral is the larger cavity and is subdivided into two parts (thoracic and abdominopelvic cavities) by the diaphragm, a dome-shaped respiratory muscle.
Furthermore, what are the 8 body cavities? Terms in this set (8)
- Body Cavaties. Essential function of body cavities:
- Serous Membranes. Line of body cavities and cover organs.
- Thoracic Cavity. Right and left pleural cavities (contain right and left lungs)
- Ventral body cavity (coelom)
- Abdominopelvic Cavity.
- Abdominopelvic cavity.
- Retroperitoneal space.
- Pelvic cavity.
Accordingly, what are the five cavities of the body?
Terms in this set (5)
- Cranial cavity. Housing the brain and the pituitary glad.
- Spinal cavity. Housing the spinal cord.
- Thoracic cavity. Housing the lungs.
- Abdominal cavity. Housing the major digestive organs.
- Pelvic cavity. Housing the urinary and reproductive organs.
Which body cavity is in the back of the body?