How do you open a Master Lock 5400d?
- Slide down the shutter door on your Master Lock 5400D portable key safe and roll the dials to "0000" – the factory default combination.
- Push the release button for the key storage compartment door.
- Move the combination reset lever, located near the hinge at the right corner of the door, left and down.
Keeping this in view, how do you open a combination lock if you forgot the code?
To open combination locks without a code, start by pulling up on the dial and turning it clockwise until you hear the lock click. Then, check what number you're at, add 5 to that number, and write it down. Next, set the dial to that number and turn it counterclockwise until you hear it click again.
- Find your combination.
- Go to the first number.
- Set the second dial on the lock to the second number in the combination.
- Use the third wheel to find the third number in the combination.
- Locate the fourth number in the combination on the bottom wheel on the lock and center it.
Also question is, how do you open a 4 digit master lock without the combination?
If you forgot a bike lock combination or the digits to a padlock with a dial, you can try to reset it. Pull on the shackle until you see the wheels turn. When the wheel sticks or catches, move to the next wheel and continue through all the wheels.
Standard Instructions for Opening a Combination Lock
- Turn right three times. Stop at First Digit.
- Turn left one full turn passing 1st number and stop at Second Digit.
- Turn right and stop at Third Digit. Pull shackle. Profit.