How can I lock my bedroom door without a lock?
- Block the door from the inside with a door barricade, jammer or a wedge.
- Use a portable door lock.
- Remove the door handle/door knob.
- Anchor the door handle/knob to a heavy or immovable object that's inside the room by using a piece of rope.
Click to see full answer
Besides, how do you secretly lock a door?
Tape a coin over the door's strike plate. Use thick tape, like masking tape or duct tape. You may want to place the coin over the door's latch. This can hold the door handle at an open angle, allowing you to push the door open and closed without turning the knob. This will also prevent the door from locking.
Furthermore, what is a door jammer? Simply put, a door jammer is a security gadget that people use to prevent their doors from being kicked in. The average quality door jammer is made of steel and weighs just under ten pounds, yet can withstand the force of a pick-up truck!
Furthermore, what household items can I use to barricade a door?
Knowing how to properly barricade a door with everyday household objects can protect you and your family.
- Jam a wooden or metal chair under the doorknob.
- Hammer wooden or rubber wedges under the door.
- Move a large and heavy piece of furniture in front of the door.
How do you lock a door with a knife?
You need to find the spot where the door latches.
- Pry open the latch by sweeping the end of the knife and moving the latch inward. Take the butter knife, and slide it between the door and the door frame, starting about three inches at the top of the door knob.
- Slide the knife until you find the door's bolt.