How do you hold a glass cutter?
In this regard, what is the best tool for cutting glass?
10 Best Glass Cutters
- CRL TOYO Original. See More Images.
- VGCE Custom-grip Supercutter. See More Images.
- Toyo Pistol Grip. See More Images.
- Toyo Thomas Grip Supercutter. See More Images.
- IMT Pistol Grip Oil Feed Glass Cutter.
- Kewayo 5mm-15mm Silver Pencil.
- Bloomoak Professional Carbide Tungsten.
- Heavy-duty Circular Cutter with Suction Cup.
Hereof, how does a glass cutter work?
A glass cutter is a tool used to make a shallow score in one surface of a piece of glass that is to be broken in two pieces. The scoring makes a split in the surface of the glass which encourages the glass to break along the score. In the Middle Ages, glass was cut with a heated and sharply pointed iron rod.
Wire. Using wire to cut glass without a glass cutter is also easy. You'll still need water; however, in this case, you need to have a tray where the glass can lie flat and be submerged to a depth of three inches. Start with a clean, dry piece of glass and use a sharp tool to lightly score the line you want to cut.