How do you fix a paper cutter?
- Verify that the arm that contains your paper cutter blade is attached properly to the base.
- Take your paper cutter to a professional blade sharpener.
- Replace your blade altogether.
- Make sure nothing is caught in the paper cutter.
Keeping this in view, how do you fix a paper trimmer?
- Put on the work gloves.
- Pick up the cutting arm.
- Place the groove of the cutting arm over the cutting blade on the paper cutter.
- Push down on the cutting arm.
- Tape the sides of the cutting arm to both sides of the cutting blade with cellophane tape.
In this way, can you sharpen a paper cutter?
Yes, absolutely. All you have to do is disassemble the cutter to remove the blade, then once it's out, sharpen it on a grinding stone or a grinding wheel or even just hone it.
Sharpen the blade 10 times on the stone. If you have a fine stone, sharpen an additional 10 times on that stone. Hone the blade by holding the sharpening steel (point down) against a towel or place mat. Hold the blade against the steel at the same angle used for sharpening (about 20 degrees).