How do you close a bathtub drain without a stopper?
Moreover, how do you close a bathtub drain?
Check the drain plug before you turn the water on.
- Step into the bathtub and look for a small metal lever or knob.
- Locate a plastic cover with a small chain attached if there is no lever or knob.
- Flip up the lever or turn the knob to close the shower drain.
- Turn the water on and adjust it to the desired temperature.
- Look beneath the sink and find the horizontal pivot rod connected to the drainpipe, and the strap attached to the pop-up drain lever.
- Find the nut on the drainpipe surrounding the pivot rod.
- Slide the nut back along the pivot rod.
Also to know is, how do you plug a sink without a plug?
The Plastic Bag Trick. Create a makeshift drain plug using a washcloth or small sponge inserted into a small plastic bag. Twist a wet washcloth tightly or wet a sponge that has been rolled to fit the drain. Place the cloth or sponge inside a plastic sandwich bag.
Place the notched end of the drain key into the flange, turning it until it locks into place. Hold the hex nut of the key in one hand and turn the top bolt counterclockwise with the other. This expands the key inside the drain, creating a secure fit.