How do you change a chain on an electric chainsaw?
Click to see full answer
Besides, how do you change a chain on a chainsaw?
- Step 1: Remove the Old Chainsaw Chain.
- Step 2: Release the Chain Tension.
- Step 3: Remove the Old Chainsaw Chain.
- Step 4: Loosen the Tensioning Screw.
- Step 5: Thread the New Chain Onto the Saw.
- Step 6: Align the Guide Bar.
- Step 7: Replace the Side Plate.
- Step 8: Tighten the Chain to the Correct Tension.
Beside above, why does my chainsaw chain keep coming off? The main reason the chain jumped off in the first place is usually too loose chain tension. During use of the saw, it is normal to have to retighten the chain tension from time to time, failure of this will cause the chain to jump off.
Also know, can chainsaw chain go on backwards?
Unfortunately the chain will go on either way, but if you put it on backwards, it will not cut. Remember, when holding the chainsaw, the cutting portion of the blade should be facing away from you, traveling from the back of the chainsaw to the front tip of the chainsaw.
How do you sharpen a chainsaw blade?
Use the depth gauge tool and file to adjust the height of the depth gauges on the chain. If the depth gauges are too high, the cutters can't reach the wood. Re-sharpen your chain every time you refill your chainsaw with fuel. Keep your chain out of the dirt when cutting or it will dull quickly.