How do you care for an Asian pear tree?
Similarly, you may ask, how do you prune an Asian pear tree?
Pruning is done during the winter dormant period.
- Cut the tree back to one main whip 2 to 3 feet from the ground at the time of planting.
- Prune the tree again during the winter dormant period after it has gone through one growing season.
- Cut back the selected branches by half.
Secondly, how long does it take to grow an Asian pear tree? 115 to 165 days
Keeping this in view, how much sun does an Asian pear tree need?
Pear trees need at least six to eight hours of sunlight a day for decent fruit production. Pears like well-drained soil, so work a soil conditioner into the top 8" to 10" of soil.
How do you keep Asian pears fresh?
About the Author:
- Purchase Asian pears that are not bruised. Bruised fruit does not store well.
- Store Asian pears for up to one week at room temperature. Place them directly on your kitchen counter-top or store them in a bowl.
- Store Asian pears for up to three months in your refrigerator or other similarly cold place.