Why are mole grips called mole grips?
Similarly one may ask, why is it called a mole wrench?
The first locking pliers, named Vise-Grips, were invented by William S. Petersen in De Witt, Nebraska in 1924. In 1955 "Mole wrenches" were developed by Thomas Coughtrie (1917–2008), who was at that time managing director of M. K. Mole and Son.
Also, how do mole grips work? Mole grips/locking pliers use levers (the handles) and multiple pivot points to expand and contract the jaws in direct proportion to the amount of force applied to the handles. This means that they are able to mechanically multiply the force applied to the lever by as much as tenfold.
Additionally, what are the best mole grips?
The Best Locking Pliers
- VISE-GRIP IRWIN Original Locking Pliers. Previous.
- Apex Tool Group Crescent Locking Plier Set. Previous.
- C. H.
- Stanley 94-960 3-Piece Locking Pliers Set.
- Craftsman Evolv 3-Piece Locking Pliers Set.
- Grip-On 111-10 Curved Jaw Locking Pliers.
- Capri Tools 1-1125 Klinge Locking Pliers.
- Milwaukee Straight Jaw Pliers.
What is the function of vise grip?
Vice grips are locking pliers which can be locked into a clamped position. They have a handle which on one side has an adjustment bolt to adjust the width of the jaws. The other part of the handle has a lever which is used to release the clamping action of the plier.