Where can I find the most copper?
Likewise, people ask, what appliances have the most copper?
Household Appliances Older appliances have more copper which gives you more scrap and more money. Washers, dryers, refrigerators, and air conditioners make great scrap appliances for their copper coils.
Likewise, where can I get copper to sell? Part 3 Selling Copper at a Scrap Yard
- Find a scrap yard. Consult a website like 1-800-Got Scrap, Recycler Finder or iScrap.
- Call ahead to get their prices.
- Find out if they will pick up.
- Haul your copper to the scrap yard.
- Weigh your copper.
- Unload your vehicle.
- Register your personal information.
- Get paid.
Similarly, you may ask, where can I find copper in my house?
Here are some of the best places to find and collect this highly sought-after material.
- TVs and Monitors.
- Most electronics have insulated wires inside the metal housing, including laptops, printers, radios, and DVD players.
- Desktop towers are a great source for scrapped insulated copper wire.
- Large Appliances.
Do pennies have copper?
If your Lincoln Memorial penny has a date before 1982, it is made of 95% copper. If the date is 1983 or later, it is made of 97.5% zinc and plated with a thin copper coating. For pennies dated 1982, when both copper and zinc cents were made, and best way to determine their composition is to weigh them.