What we call our family members in English?
Click to see full answer
Similarly one may ask, what are family members called?
Your family members are also called your relatives. You have an immediate or nuclear family and an extended family. Your immediate family includes your father, mother and siblings. Your sibling is your brother or sister.
One may also ask, how do you call family relationships in English?
- Basic words.
- mother – somebody's female parent.
- son – somebody's male child.
- husband – the man who a woman is married to.
- spouse – somebody married to another person; husband or wife.
- elder brother/sister – a brother/sister who is older than you.
- grandfather – somebody's parent's father.
In this regard, how do you describe a family member in English?
Your immediate family refers to the relatives (family members) closest to you and who may or may not live with you. If you're single, your immediate family will include your parents—father and mother—and your siblings—brothers and sisters. You and your siblings are your parents' children.
How do you list family members?
Family and Relatives
- Family. father; mother; parents;
- Relatives. uncle; aunt; nephew; niece;
- Relatives by marriage. in-laws; father-in-law; mother-in-law;
- Age groups and related words. boy, girl; male child; female child; man, woman;
- Marital status and related words.
- Other related words.
- My family.