What should I bring for Thanksgiving?
- #1 An appetizer, side dish, or dessert. If you were invited to a potluck, you'll probably be bringing one of these things anyway.
- #2 Wine, whiskey, champagne, cider, or [insert your favorite drink].
- #3 Flowers or centerpieces.
- #4 An edible treat for the next morning.
- #5 A small gift for the avid cook.
People also ask, what can you not bring to Thanksgiving?
13 things you should never do on Thanksgiving
- Say the food will be ready at 5 p.m. when it won't be ready until 7 p.m. Everyone is hungry.
- Bring someone who wasn't invited.
- Make Jell-O salad.
- Bring up politics.
- Undercook or overcook the turkey.
- Come unannounced.
- Talk about how you're ruining your diet.
- Eat way too much.
Likewise, how can I be a good Thanksgiving guest? Here are a few more tips for being a good Thanksgiving guest.
- Don't show up early.
- Bring utensils.
- Don't hang around in the kitchen.
- Eat a snack beforehand.
- Most people like wine and everybody likes flowers.
Thereof, what is the most popular side dish at Thanksgiving?
No playing favorites here, but if you don't have these dishes, it's simply not Thanksgiving.
- Potatoes. Preferably mashed, of course, but you can serve 'em up other ways, too.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Brussels sprouts.
- Cranberry sauce.
Do you give gifts at Thanksgiving?
In America, it is customary to give a toast before Thanksgiving dinner, in order to express gratitude for good fortune in the past year. People send gifts, flowers and cards to their loved ones and the reason behind this exchange of gifts and flowers is to appreciate them.