What is the suffix for anti?
Click to see full answer
In respect to this, what are some words for anti?
Explore the Words
- antithesis. exact opposite.
- antipathy. a feeling of intense dislike.
- antibiotic. a substance used to kill microorganisms and cure infections.
- anticlimax. a disappointing decline after a previous rise.
- antidote. a remedy that stops or controls the effects of a poison.
Secondly, is anti For or against? To be anti is to be opposed to or against something, like an action, political party, or government. If you are anti love scenes, you might prefer an action flick. The word anti comes from the prefix anti-, which means “against” or “opposite,” and is still used in English words, such as antibodies and anti-hero.
Beside this, what does anti mean in medical terms?
Anti-: Prefix generally meaning "against, opposite or opposing, and contrary." In medicine, anti- often connotes "counteracting or effective against" as in antibacterial, anti-infective, and antiviral.
Is Anti Latin or Greek?
Apparently, anti is a word already available in Greek, meaning against. Still, Wikipedia entries of common English words that have anti as prefix are incorporated into Latin, keeping the anti prefix.