What is South America famous for?
Click to see full answer
Similarly one may ask, what is an interesting fact about South America?
Because South America is shaped like a triangle it has the least amount of coastline than any continent, despite its large land area. The highest waterfall in the world is located in South America. It is Angel Falls in Venezuela. The world's largest river by volume in the world is the Amazon River in South America.
Secondly, why is South America important? South America has diverse agricultural products, vast mineral wealth, and plentiful freshwater. It also has rich fisheries and ports on three bodies of water: the Caribbean Sea, Atlantic Ocean, and Pacific Ocean. The continent's economy is centered on the export of natural resources.
Considering this, what are 5 facts about South America?
General Facts about South America
- Total Population: 428 million people.
- Largest city: Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- Life expectancy: 72 (males) 79 (females)
- Highest Mountain: Aconcagua (6962 meters above the sea)
- Land area: 17,840,000 square kilometers (6,890,000 square miles)
- Largest Lake: Lake Titicaca.
- Longest River: Amazon River.
What is the most famous landmark in South America?
Must See South America Attractions
- Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu is arguably the most recognizable and most well known attraction in South America.
- Inca Trail. One of the most popular ways to get to Machu Picchu is via the Inca Trail.
- Rio de Janeiro.
- Galapagos Islands.
- Amazon River.
- Iguassu Falls.