What cultures make up Latin America?
Just so, what ethnic groups make up Latin America?
Ethnic Groups in Latin America
- Whites. Spanish and Portuguese explorers came to Latin America beginning in the late 15th century.
- Mestizos. Because the European explorers did not bring women with them, there were many unions of the male explorers and the female natives.
Also Know, what are three factors that make Latin America a single cultural region?
- Language- Spanish is the language in the majority of the countries. Religion- The primary religion throughout Latin America is Christianity.
- answers left. Join for free.
- Click to let others know, how helpful is it.
People also ask, why is Latin America called a cultural region?
Countries. There are 21 main countries in Latin America, if you go by the definition that it is the region of the Americas where Latin languages are spoken. These languages are Spanish, Portuguese and French - part of the legacy of the colonization of the continent by European powers starting in the 16th century.
Which countries are part of Latin America?
It includes more than 20 nations: Mexico in North America; Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama in Central America; Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, French Guiana, Paraguay, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay in South America; Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Puerto