What is distressed wood flooring?
Also asked, what does distressed hardwood mean?
This type of flooring undergoes certain processes to give it more character and an antique, reclaimed look. These processes may involve aging, wire brushing, sculpting, or handscraping the hardwood flooring planks.
Furthermore, can you refinish distressed wood floors? Depending on the shape they're in, they can be fixed with a light sanding or a re-sanding and re-scraping. With modern finishes and stains, refinishing hand scraped hardwood floors is easy to do; the flooring can be given the shade needed to fit any room.
Also to know, how do you distress wooden floors?
How To: Make Distressed Wood Floors
- Step 1 Sand and clean floors. Step 1 Lightly Sand. Whether you are distressing a new floor or an old one, you need to give everything a light sanding prior to starting.
- Step 2 Paint floors. Step 2 Paint.
- Step 3 Scuff sand floors. Step 3 Scuff Sand.
- Step 4 Apply stain. Step 4 Stain.
- Step 4 Seal floors. Step 5 Seal.
How do I make my hardwood floors look rustic?
- Study how wood changes over time.
- Begin by hand scraping the wood with a wood floor-scraping tool.
- Brush the flooring in spots with a wire brush.
- Let your dog, if you have one, run up and down the floors with unclipped nails.
- Use chains, drills, hammers, saw blades and ice picks when distressing wood floors.