What is a distressed look?
Similarly, you may ask, how do you paint furniture to look distressed?
- Prepare Your Space. Start by laying down drop cloths and preparing the area.
- Sand and Clean the Piece. Sand the surface of the piece.
- Paint the Piece.
- Apply Wax and Top Layer of Paint (Optional)
- Distress the Piece with Sandpaper and Steel Wool.
- Apply a Stain (Optional)
- Protect the Finished Piece with Polyurethane.
Furthermore, how do I make wood look weathered GREY? To age new wood to a natural silvery gray, to grey-brown or black patina (depending on the wood), let a small piece of steel wool (or a few non-galvanized nails) sit overnight in ordinary white vinegar, then dilute the vinegar solution 1 to 1 with water. (If you used 1/4 cup of vinegar, add 1/4 cup of water.)
Considering this, what style is distressed furniture?
Distressed furniture is often perceived as having a shabby chic style and you can expect to see it in rustic, vintage, industrial but also Nordic or contemporary interior decors. The techniques you can use if you want to distress something are quite diverse.
What paint do you use for Shabby Chic?
The shabby chic look is best achieved with wooden furniture and a couple of coats of Rust-Oleum Chalky Finish furniture paint.