What is a DANB certified dental assistant?
Likewise, people ask, what are the certifications for a dental assistant?
DANB offers five national certifications:
- National Entry Level Dental Assistant (NELDA®)
- Certified Dental Assistant™ (CDA®)
- Certified Orthodontic Assistant (COA®)
- Certified Preventive Functions Dental Assistant (CPFDA®)
- Certified Restorative Functions Dental Assistant (CRFDA®)
Likewise, how do I get DANB certified? Getting Started
- Create an Account. The first step is to create a DANB account or log into an account if you already have one.
- Apply. DANB offers national certification exams, certificates of knowledge-based competency exams and state-specific dental assisting expanded functions exams.
Likewise, how long does it take to become a certified dental assistant?
A dental assisting program can take anywhere from nine months to two years to complete, depending on whether it's a certificate, diploma or degree program. After finishing their education and passing any required certifications, dental assistants perform a variety of essential functions.
Is the DANB exam hard?
We often hear that DANB exams are very tough. Why is that? Kate: Dental assistants often tell us that the DANB Certified Dental Assistant exam, or CDA exam, is the hardest test they have ever taken. But that's because DANB's exams are adaptive.