What iron level is too high?
Click to see full answer
Also question is, what causes high iron levels in females?
Premature heart attack, diabetes, liver disease, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and hormonal imbalances are associated with excess iron. Read more about hemochromatosis in the types of iron disorders. Summary of diseases and conditions that can produce too much iron in adult women include: Loss of menstruation.
Also, what are the symptoms of high iron levels? Symptoms, signs and diseases resulting from too much iron (iron overload):
- chronic fatigue.
- joint pain.
- abdominal pain.
- liver disease (cirrhosis, liver cancer)
- diabetes mellitus.
- irregular heart rhythm.
- heart attack or heart failure.
- skin color changes (bronze, ashen-gray green)
Beside above, how can I lower my iron level?
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Avoid iron supplements and multivitamins containing iron. These can increase your iron levels even more.
- Avoid vitamin C supplements. Vitamin C increases absorption of iron.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Avoid eating raw fish and shellfish.
What should I eat if my iron is high?
eating more iron-rich foods, such as lean meats, nuts, beans, lentils, dark leafy vegetables, and fortified breakfast cereals. consuming a variety of heme and non-heme iron sources. including more vitamin C rich foods in meals, such as citrus fruits, peppers, tomatoes, and broccoli.