What do you put on the signature line of a check?
Click to see full answer
Just so, what to put on the for line of a check?
- Write the date on the line in the upper right-hand corner.
- Write the name of the recipient.
- Write the amount of the check to the right of the dollar sign.
- Write the monetary amount of the check in word form below the "Pay to the Order of" line.
- Sign the check on the line in the bottom right corner.
Likewise, what is the legal line on a check? Legal Line: The legal line is where the remitter designates the check's dollar amount in written word. You also write the dollar amount in numerical form to the right of the legal line. These two amounts must match! If they do not, the bank will refer to the legal line for payment.
Moreover, what is an over signature line on a check?
Over Signature Text: Over signature text appears above the signature line on your checks as shown in the diagram. If the design of your check allows for it, you may enter up to 2 lines of over signature text to convey a personal message.
How do you properly fill out a check?
Filling out a check is as easy as six simple steps.
- Step 1: Date. The date you write here should be the same date that you're signing off on the check.
- Step 2: Payee. Write the name of the payee on this line.
- Step 3: Check Amount in Numbers.
- Step 4: Check Amount in Words.
- Step 5: Memo.
- Step 6: Signature.