What do you call someone who trims hedges?
Click to see full answer
Then, what is the going rate for hedge trimming?
On an average, hedge growing and trimming costs are around $40-$75 per hour.
Additionally, how do you cut a bush into a ball shape?
- Lay a cloth measuring tape on a flat surface.
- Cut a piece of baling wire with wire cutters to the size plus 1/2 inch.
- Hold the circle next to your bush with the top where you want the top of the ball to be.
- Press the legs into the ground with the circle on one side of the bush.
Similarly, you may ask, what are the different types of hedges?
Formal, or modern garden hedges are grown in many varieties, including the following species:
- Berberis thunbergii.
- Buxus sempervirens (Box)
- Carpinus betulus (Hornbeam)
- Crataegus monogyna (Hawthorn)
- Fagus sylvatica (Green Beech)
- Fagus sylvatica 'Purpurea' (Purple Beech)
- Ilex aquifolium (Holly)
How much should I charge for weeding?
Handymen or independent landscapers typically charge by the hour for weeding and mulching. Rates vary based on your location and the person, but generally expect to pay about $30 to $50 an hour. Don't be afraid to ask upfront for a general estimate of hours – you don't want to be shocked when you get the bill.