What can you make from old sweaters?
- Make a pair of mittens.
- Make a snug knitted hat or a slouchy beanie.
- Make a fuzzy pillowcase.
- Keep your mug warm with a cozy.
- Make some fingerless gloves.
- Make some boot toppers.
- Make a pocket scarf.
- Make a bum warmer.
Considering this, how do you make throws out of old sweaters?
Sweaters Blanket Tutorial
- This is one of my favorite projects.
- You will need:
- Wind a few bobbins.
- Cut your sweaters apart.
- Now, chop the sweater into rectangles.
- Lay out your rectangles across the floor as if it will be your finished blanket.
- Start sewing the blanket together.
Also, how do you use old wool clothes? Uses For Old Sweaters
- Salvage the yarn. Locate the sweater seam and snip one of the bottom stitches.
- Felt it.
- Make your own dryer balls.
- Turn old pullovers into cardigans.
- Make a cup or bottle cozy.
- Use the cuffs as vase or candle embellishments.
- Give flower planters a punch of color.
- Make a Spring (or any season) wreath.
Likewise, what can you make out of old cashmere sweaters?
Upgraded Cashmere Sweaters: 20+ Recycled DIY Projects
- A protective iPad cover.
- A case for your sunglasses or eyeglasses.
- A menagerie of children's stuffed animals.
- Bookmarks for your old-school tomes.
- Embellished arm warmers that will make everyone ooooh and aaahhh.
- UGG-envious boots or boot liners that cozy up to your calves.
- A hair band/ear warmer combo.
How do you turn a knitted cardigan into a sweater?
DIY Cardigan Sweater from a Pullover Sweater
- Step 1: Find and Mark the Center of Your Sweater. The first thing you will need to do is find the center of your sweater and draw a line.
- Step 2: Cut the Sweater Open.
- Use the Heat'n Bond to Finish the Cut Edges.
- Step 4: Finish with sewing as necessary.