What can you eat on a low fiber diet before a colonoscopy?
- Avoid nuts, seeds, dried fruits, dried beans and peas.
- Avoid whole grains and cereals.
- Choose cooked or canned fruits and vegetables over fresh ones.
- Choose white bread, white rice and products made with refined flour.
- Drink juices without pulp.
- Eat tender, well-cooked meats.
Also know, what foods can you eat 3 days before a colonoscopy?
You can have:
- White bread, pasta, and rice.
- Well-cooked vegetables without skin.
- Fruit without skin or seeds.
- Lean meat, chicken, or fish.
Similarly, what foods can I eat 5 days before a colonoscopy? 5 days before: Adjust your diet
- white bread.
- lean meats like chicken and fish.
- well-cooked veggies without the skin.
- fruit without skin or seeds.
Beside this, can I eat normally 2 days before colonoscopy?
A few days before the colonoscopy procedure — Start eating a low-fiber diet: no whole grains, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, or raw fruits or vegetables. The day of the colonoscopy procedure — As on the previous day, clear liquid foods only. Don't eat or drink anything two hours before the procedure.
What is the easiest colonoscopy prep?
Many people find that it's easier to drink their prep when it's cold. Drinking through a straw also may help.
Prep for your prep.
- Clear liquids, such as broth, coffee or tea, ice pops and gelatin (lemon, lime and orange only)
- Soft toilet paper and wipes.
- Cream or ointment for anal skin irritation.