What can I eat for protein instead of eggs?
- Quinoa. 1 cup cooked quinoa = 8 g protein.
- Tofu. 3 ounces = 8 g protein.
- Cheddar cheese. 1 ounce = 6.5 g protein.
- Almonds. 1/4 cup = 7 g protein.
- Black beans.
- Chickpea pasta.
- Greek yogurt.
- Peanut butter.
Keeping this in consideration, what food has the same protein as eggs?
10 Foods That Have More Protein Than An Egg
- Chicken. Chicken is another affordable and versatile protein.
- Turkey. This bird isn't just for Thanksgiving.
- Pork. This source of protein can tend to get left by the wayside in favor of chicken.
- Cottage Cheese.
- Greek Yogurt.
Additionally, is 2 eggs a day enough protein? Eggs. Eggs are a low-carb, low-calorie and low-cost source of protein. One egg provides 6 to 8 grams of protein with only 70 calories. Research suggests that eating two to three eggs per day may have cardiovascular benefits.
Likewise, what protein can I eat for breakfast besides eggs?
If you're avoiding eggs altogether, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, tofu, or chia seeds are some high-protein alternatives that make for great breakfasts.
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes.
- Blackberry Almond Butter Sandwich.
- Banana Nut Overnight Oats.
Are eggs the best source of protein?
Eggs are among the best sources of protein in the diet. In fact, the biological value (a measure of protein quality) is often evaluated by comparing it to eggs, which are given the perfect score of 100 ( 16 ). Summary Eggs are an excellent source of protein, with all the essential amino acids in the right ratios.