What can I do with excess cucumbers?
- Half Sour Fermented Pickles.
- Creamed Cucumbers (can also be blended and used as a delicious dressing!)
- Redbud and Cucumber Sandwiches.
- Cucumber and Onion Salad.
- Cucumber Lime Smoothie.
- Watermelon, Orange and Cucumber Aqua Fresca.
- Cucumber Cilantro Salad.
- Basil Cucumber Fruit Salad.
Click to see full answer
Also know, how do you preserve fresh cucumbers?
To freeze cucumbers, just wash, slice, put on a baking sheet and put in the freezer. I like to line a baking sheet with parchment paper to help them come off easier once they are frozen. After they are frozen you can move them to a zippered freezer bag. To make infused water, put cucumber slices in a pitcher of water.
Also Know, can you freeze cucumbers for later use? You can freeze fresh whole cucumbers right from the garden by directly storing them in the freezer. They will get ice on them, simply put them in air tight container, glass jar or a bag. If you just defrost them, they will turn soggy.
Beside this, what to do with cucumbers besides pickles?
Preserving Cucumbers without Pickling
- Cucumber Salsa. I think this will be great to use as a side dish or garnish with meals throughout the year.
- Crispy Cucumber Chips.
- Garlic Dill Cucumber Chips.
- Cucumber Mint Jam.
- Cucumber Seeds for Health and Snacks.
How do you preserve cucumbers?
Wrap the cucumber in plastic wrap. Keeping the cucumber wrapped minimizes the amount of moisture on the cucumber, which slows the process of decay. After wrapping, put the cucumber in the refrigerator. This should keep it cold enough to stay fresh for one week to 10 days.