What can be planted next to Heuchera?
Click to see full answer
Subsequently, one may also ask, what plants go well with Heuchera?
- Annuals. Impatiens, begonia, torenia, petunia and verbena all look good when grown alongside coral bells.
- Bulbs. Crocus, snowdrops, daylilies and iris are just a few of the numerous bulbs that combine well with coral bells.
Beside above, can you split Heuchera plants? Division: Divide heuchera as you would any other perennial. Dig the plant out of the ground and cut the root mass into pieces with a shovel or knife. Replant divisions with the crown at the soil level. This can be done every two to three years to keep the plants vigorous.
Besides, how do you plant a Heuchera?
HOW AND WHEN TO PLANT HEUCHERAS
- Choose a partial shade position.
- If the soil is heavy or is not free draining add lots of well rotted compost and / or grit to the area and dig it in well.
- It can be planted all year long if the soil is not frozen and you can water well when conditions are dry.
What is eating my Heuchera?
Weevils. Black vine weevils, Otiorhynchus sulcatus, are chewing pests that sometimes feed on Heuchera roots and leaves. The larvae feast on the plants' roots, severing the top growth. Weeks later, adults pupate and climb up Heucheras to eat notches out of the leaves at night.