What are the symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder quizlet?
- restlessness or feeling keyed up or on edge.
- being easily fatigued.
- difficulty concentrating or mind going blank.
- muscle tension.
- sleep disturbance (difficulty falling or staying asleep or restless unsatisfying sleep)
Click to see full answer
Correspondingly, what is the defining symptom of generalized anxiety disorder quizlet?
- Excessive anxiety and apprehension that is not limited to particular situations. - The worry is too difficult to control, constant anxiety about lots of different things. - Symptoms such as muscle tension, restlessness, difficulty concentrating, feeling "on edge".
Similarly, what is an anxiety disorder quizlet? Anxiety disorders. involves excessive anxiety or fear that causes marked distress and/or impairment. ->all share features of threat-relevant responding ─ anxiety, fear, and avoidance ─ but differ in object and breadth of threat. a.Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
Also question is, which characteristics are typically associated with generalized anxiety disorder?
Symptoms of GAD can include:
- Excessive, ongoing worry and tension.
- An unrealistic view of problems.
- Restlessness or a feeling of being "edgy"
- Muscle tension.
- Difficulty concentrating.
What does it mean that the anxiety of GAD is free floating?
A certain amount of anxiety in life is normal. This type of anxiety is often described as “free floating anxiety,” as the individual may be unable to identify specific triggers for the anxiety. GAD involves unrealistic, exaggerated, or excessive anxiety that appears to come out of nowhere.