What are the causes and consequences of suburbanization and Sunbelt migration for Northeastern cities?
Also know, what are the causes and consequences of suburbanisation?
With the increase in emissions from vehicles, this then can cause air pollution and degrades the air quality of an area. Suburbanization is growing which causes an increase in housing development which causes an increase in land consumption and available land.
Beside above, what are the consequences of suburbanisation? Effects
- Leave a hole in CBD centre as people move out.
- Better sense of community in the suburbs.
- Increase in out of city congestion and air pollution - 40% travel by car to work in Surbiton.
- Increased pressure on the greenbelt.
- Increased opportunity for environmental improvement.
- Decreased need for high rise, high density housing.
Herein, what is the main cause of suburbanization?
Suburbanization is caused by many factors that are typically classified into push and pull factors. The main push factors in encouraging suburbanization have to do with individuals feeling tired of city life and the perception that urban areas are overpopulated, over-polluted, and dirty.
What are the four major causes of suburbanization?
- land speculation.
- cheap land at periphery.
- advertising (influences culture)
- expensive property and transportation served to segregate classes.
- rising wages in early 20th c.