What are the advantages of monarchy?
- Balance is still provided in the government.
- It can be cheaper to run a monarchy.
- The transfer of power tends to be smoother.
- A monarchy typically maintains a stronger defense.
- It can be a more efficient form of government.
Keeping this in consideration, what are the advantages of an absolute monarchy?
The military within an absolute monarchy tends to be stronger. An absolute monarchy creates a defensive force that protects their country from harm that is as strong as possible. This is done to protect the family, which also protects the general population at the same time.
Also, why the monarchy is important? Monarchy helps to sustain the democratic process by mixing a power other than that of democracy with democracy. And in this respect, mixed constitution - the combination of the rule of the many, the few and the one - is more effective than the division of powers in preventing elected tyranny.
Thereof, what were some disadvantages of monarchy?
List of Disadvantages of Monarchy
- It might lead to a poor leadership.
- It does not allow democratic legitimacy.
- It might lead to having a leader who might not be as serious as needed.
- It lacks democratic accountability and liability.
- It invests much power and fame to a single individual.
What are the bad things about absolute monarchy?
The monarch can, without anyone to check them, enact policies that are evil or policies that are simply destructive and harmful. These are the main negative aspects of having an absolute monarchy and they are very powerful arguments against such a system of government.