What are 5 interesting facts about Benjamin Franklin?
- He only had two years of formal education.
- Franklin became a hit writer as a teenager.
- He spent half his life in unofficial retirement.
- Franklin designed a musical instrument used by Mozart andBeethoven.
- He was a reluctant revolutionary.
- Franklin created a phonetic alphabet.
- His son was a British loyalist.
Click to see full answer
Similarly, it is asked, what makes Benjamin Franklin Special?
As a scientist, he was a major figure in the AmericanEnlightenment and the history of physics for his discoveries andtheories regarding electricity. As an inventor, he is known for thelightning rod, bifocals, and the Franklin stove, among otherinventions.
Beside above, what was Benjamin Franklin's real name? Benjamin Franklin was born on January 17,1706 in Boston in what was known as the Massachusetts Bay Colony.He was born on a small house on 17 Milk Street, across thestreet from the Old Meeting House. His father was JosiahFranklin, soap and candle maker. His mother was AbiahFolger, a home maker.
Simply so, what was Benjamin Franklin's greatest achievement?
10 Major Accomplishments of Benjamin Franklin
- #1 He created the first published political cartoon inU.S.
- #2 He authored the famous Poor Richard's Almanack.
- #3 Benjamin Franklin invented the lightning rod.
- #4 He invented numerous other things including bifocallenses.
- #5 He aided the repeal of the Stamp Act of 1765.
Why was Benjamin Franklin put on the $100 bill?
By YourDictionary. American money, much like other worldcurrencies, commemorates some of the country's most influentialpeople. In this way, Benjamin Franklin's head is featured onthe hundred dollar bill, celebrating some of his mostimportant contributions to American history.