What is a good time for the 5 10 5 shuttle?
People also ask, how do you run a 5 10 5 shuttle?
How to Ace the 5-10-5 Shuttle Run
- Start by straddling the line in a 3-point stance.
- Explode laterally.
- Run 5 yards either to the right or left and touch the line with your hand.
- Reverse direction and sprint 10 yards to the far line.
- Touch the line and sprint back to the middle line.
Similarly, what is a good 10 yard split? Behind the times: the 10-yard split
- A “Great” 10-Yard Split Time (1.55 seconds and under)
- A “Good” 10-Yard Split Time (1.56-1.59)
- An “Average” 10-Yard Split Time (1.60-1.62)
- A “Below Average” 10-Yard Split Times (1.63-1.69)
Consequently, what is a good shuttle run time?
It's good for overall agility, speed and lateral quickness. A shuttle run time below four seconds is generally considered great, with the best players closer to the 3.8-second range. Kevin Kasper of Iowa set the shuttle run record at 3.73 seconds in 2001.
What exercises improve agility?
8 Best Agility Training Exercises
- Lateral Plyometric Jumps. Lateral plyometric jumps help build explosive power, balance, and coordination by using our natural body weight.
- Forward Running, High-Knee Drills.
- Lateral Running, Side-to-Side Drills.
- Dot Drills.
- Jump Box Drills.
- L Drills.
- Plyometric Agility Drill.
- Shuttle Runs.