How many days can my cat go without eating?
Regarding this, how long can a cat go without eating after surgery?
After surgery, your cat may experience minor personality changes such as crankiness, aggression, or sensitivity. These changes are due to anesthesia and should not last more than 24-48 hours after surgery. Your cat may have an upset stomach from the anesthesia and may not want to eat until the day after surgery.
Secondly, why does my cat not want to eat? Loss of appetite in cats, also known as anorexia, can be a sign of a serious underlying disease. Dental problems, pain and internal obstructions may also result in your cat refusing to eat. There may be a behavioural reason, such as stress, anxiety or depression, perhaps caused by a change in surroundings.
Also know, what are the signs that a cat is dying?
Signs Your Cat is Nearing End-of-Life
- Loss of Appetite/Thirst. For all animals, illness often culminates in a lack of interest in food or water.
- Extreme Weakness.
- Lower Body Temperature.
- Appearance Changes.
- Clinginess/Odd Social Behavior.
What do you feed a cat that won't eat?
How to Get Your Cat to Eat
- Give them some canned/wet food (the stinkier the better — try seafood varieties)
- Give them some meat baby food.
- Add some water from a can of tuna or anchovies to their food.
- Add a little bit of warmed, low-sodium chicken broth to your thier food, whether it's kibble or canned.