How do you reset the anti theft system on a Ford Taurus?
- Press the "unlock" button on the remote entry transmitter.
- Insert the coded key into the ignition. Turn the ignition on. The anti-theft light will turn off after approximately three seconds, indicating the system is disabled. Repeat the steps if the light flashes rapidly or stays on for more than a few seconds.
Also asked, how do I get my car out of anti theft mode?
The first way and most common way to get the anti-theft system to turn off is by using your key fob. You can press the alarm button, and this should get the system to turn off if you are close enough to the vehicle.
Subsequently, question is, what does it mean when the anti theft light is blinking? Some anti-theft lights blink by default ( a small red light near the dash, for example is there to warn off thieves ). If this is some other type of light then disconnect your battery (negative first then positive) for 30 minutes and reconnect in reverse order (positive then negative). This should reset the computer.
Furthermore, how do I reset my Ford Anti theft system?
Turn on the Ignition Insert the key into the ignition and turn it on to the position where the accessories are activated but not the engine. The display of the car behind the steering will light up and will show the anti-theft light blinking or constantly lit. Leave the key in this position for at least 10 minutes.
How do you reset the anti theft on a 2004 Ford Taurus?
- Turn the key to 'RUN' (do not try to start).
- The 'THEFT' light should blink rapidly. After a minute the blinks should slow down.
- Turn the ignition 'OFF' and remove the key and keep it at least 2 feet from the steering column for 30 seconds.