How do you reset the alarm on a Kia Sorento?
Also question is, how do you turn off the alarm on a Kia Sorento?
Theft-alarm stage The engine hood is opened. The horn will sound and the hazard warning lights will blink continuously for approximately 27 seconds, and repeat the horn 3 times unless the system is disarmed. To turn off the system, unlock the doors with the ignition key or transmitter (or smart key).
- Close all of your car doors.
- Insert one key in the door lock and cycle it to the "Lock" position, and then back to the "Unlock" position two times.
- Enter your car and insert your key into the ignition cylinder.
- Cycle the key in the ignition from the "Off" position to the "On" position twice in a row.
Additionally, how do I get my car out of anti theft mode?
The first way and most common way to get the anti-theft system to turn off is by using your key fob. You can press the alarm button, and this should get the system to turn off if you are close enough to the vehicle.
Utilize common tricks.
- Put the key in the driver's door and turn it twice to the right, then twice to the left. Then insert your key into the ignition and start the car.
- Turn the key into the unlock position and hold it for two seconds before opening the door.