How do you remove a blade from a Sawzall?
- Step 1: Detach the Blade. Locate the quick release lever located at the end of the blade and pull it. Pull the blade out.
- Step 2: Attach the new Blade. Take the replacement blade and put in the clamp while holding down the lever. Release the lever after the blade is placed securely in its place.
Furthermore, how do you change the blade on a Skil Sawzall?
Slide a new reciprocating saw blade through the saw's footplate and into the tip of the saw. Make sure the small hole in the base of the blade inserts beneath the clamp and over the small pin attached to the plunger. Tighten the cap screw on the blade clamp by turning the hex key clockwise.
Beside above, can you use Sawzall blades in a Hackzall? Yes, Hackzall and Sawzall blades are interchangeable. If your blade is too long, place it in a vise and break it to the appropriate length with a few back and forth bends.
Also to know, how do you change the blade on a Craftsman reciprocating saw?
How to Release the Blade on a Sears Craftsman Reciprocating Saw
- Turn off and unplug the saw from the power source.
- Remove the Allen wrench from the saw's holder.
- Insert the Allen wrench into the hole on the side of the saw body toward the front, where you can first see the blade sticking out.
- Loosen the blade clamp screw with the Allen wrench.
- Slide the blade out from the clamp.
How do I change the Sawzall Quik Lok blade clamp assembly?
How to Change the Milwaukee Sawzall QUIK-LOK Blade Clamp Assembly
- Remove external retaining ring (7) and pull front cam (6) off.
- Pull lock pin (1) out and remove remainder of parts.
- Coat new lock pin with powdered graphite.
- Hold tool in a vertical position.
- Place spring cover (2) onto spindle.