How do you plant Kelvedon Wonder peas?
- Position: full sun.
- Soil: fertile, moist but well drained.
- Growing Instructions: Choose a sunny, sheltered site with fertile soil and make a broad flat-bottomed drill 5cm deep and 10cm wide.
- Sow: March-July.
- Harvest: June-September.
- Approximate quantity: 350 seeds.
Likewise, people ask, how high do Kelvedon Wonder peas grow?
Kelvedon Wonder are dwarf peas and you can expect them grow to a height of 60cm / 24in and a spread of 25cm / 10in. The pods are neither short nor long and contain an average of eight peas. When grown in the garden and eaten fresh they are sweet and tasty, they also freeze very well. Disease resistance is fair to good.
Also, how do you grow peas?
To give your plants the best head start, turn over your pea planting beds and add compost or manure to the soil in the fall. Add wood ashes and bonemeal to the soil before planting. Peas need phosphorus and potassium, but excess nitrogen will encourage foliage growth instead of flowers or pods.
How to sow seed
- Peas sown in cold, wet ground will rot off, so make sure the soil is warm.
- Water the trench first, then sow the seeds 5-7cm (2in) apart in three rows along the bottom of the trench.
- Many dwarf and semi-leafless varieties can also be sown in small blocks.