How do you make fondant flowers for wedding cakes?
- Make a ball of fondant. Make a cone.
- Roll out fondant. Cut petals.
- Thin out petals. Thin out edges.
- Wrap first petal. Wrap second petal.
- Continue wrapping petals. Finished rose.
- Cut leaves. Press onto veiner.
- Curl leaves. Place leaves around rose.
Consequently, what are wedding cake flowers made of?
Sugar flowers—which are commonly made using gum paste or fondant—are totally customizable. Without the limits of nature holding you back, you can decorate with blossoms in any size or color of your liking.
Additionally, can you make flowers with fondant? Making fondant flowers is easy once you know how. It allows you to create the most magnificent cakes. You can use colored pre-made fondant or color it yourself with paste food colorings. Fondant Cutters can be used to cut fondant flowers of any shape you desire.
Moreover, what kind of flowers can you put on a cake?
Even if you aren't eating the actual flowers, just contact with the buttercream you will eat could be dangerous, so it's best to stick with flowers that are edible. “Flowers that are beautiful as well as edible include roses, calendulas, nasturtiums, hibiscus, violets, and sunflowers, among others.