What cake is most healthy?
- Healthiest: Angel Food Cake.
- Healthiest: Flourless Chocolate Cake.
- Healthiest: Protein Mug Cake.
- Healthiest: Strawberry Shortcake with Fresh Cream.
- Unhealthiest: Carrot Cake.
- Unhealthiest: Cheesecake.
- Unhealthiest: Pineapple Upside-Down Cake.
- Unhealthiest: Red Velvet Cake. Photo Modified: Flickr / Ton Tip / CC BY 4.0.
Click to see full answer
Similarly one may ask, what is the healthiest cake to eat?
Most people agree that the mildly sweet angel food cake is about the lightest option for a standard cake recipe. Carrot cake typically gets a nod as well, with walnuts, carrots and a lack of chocolate. But in certain recipes, carrot cake can have as much sugar, butter and cream as your average chocolate cake.
Beside above, is cake good for health? Generally, it is food that lacks nutrients but is high in calories made up of fat and sugar. Or, as one researcher says, it's food that isn't represented in the healthy eating pyramid. But cake is so much more than junk food.
Beside this, what is the healthiest dessert?
Here are 10 desserts that are as healthy as they are tasty:
- Ricotta and berries.
- Healthy apple "pie." Bake an apple, cut in half, until soft.
- Greek yogurt berry brûlée.
- Banana "ice cream" with cinnamon and walnuts.
- Chocolate chia and almond bites.
- Mini ice-cream sandwiches.
- Dark chocolate-dipped fruit.
What is a healthy alternative to birthday cake?
20 Healthy Birthday Cake Alternative Recipes
- New-Fashioned Yellow Cupcake With Chocolate Frosting. Just try to guess the secret ingredients.
- Electric Greek Yogurt Pancakes.
- Raw Cashew Dream Cake.
- Frozen Banana Pops.
- Ultimate Coconut Donuts.
- Oreo Cheesecake Batter Bites.
- Some-Shade-Of-Paleo Carrot Cake.
- Fruit Cake.