How do you maintain pavers?
- Sweep pavers with a broom. Grab a broom and sweep the dirt and debris off of your paving stones as often as you can.
- Rinse off pavers with water.
- Create a paver cleaning solution.
- Apply paver sealer.
- Replace your pavers.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you keep sand between pavers?
You can protect the joint sand from washing out by sealing the paver surface. Sealing restores the beauty of your pavers. The paver sealer also serves as glue between the joint sand particles hence holding them together, and preventing the sand from being washed away when it rains or during pressure washing.
Additionally, how do you keep pavers clean?
- Spring Clean up. As soon as possible sweep or blow off any accumulated dirt, branches, mulch or leaves.
- Keep your pavers clean. Be sure to use a broom or leaf blower regularly especially after any storms or parties.
- Clean up stains right away.
- Keep them dry.
- Remove any moss quickly.
Sand between pavers creates friction that locks everything together. Another option is polymeric sand, which is a specialty product that has water-activated polymer in it. After adding it to the paver joints, wet the polymeric sand to activate the polymer and harden the sand.